"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Scatterbrain!

Yep, that's me. A complete and utter scatterbrain mess. I've been this way for six years now, so I've gotten quite good at it. I have too much going on and my brain works way faster than my body. I always intend to do this or that. I make "To do" lists, I set reminders on email, but alas, I am hopelessly scatterbrained. Ya think I'd be used to it by now. *sigh* It's Saturday night and I have so many things I need to be doing but somehow they aren't getting done. I'd much rather be scatterbrained and worry about getting it all done later.

Today we had an awesome family day. Truly, it was one of the best. Last night we got a call from Kev's sister offering us tickets to Playhouse Disney Live. Not just any ole tickets either. The Mayor of Philadelphia's box tickets. Yes please! It is definitely not in the budget to do such things these days so we jumped at the chance. Everyone woke up happy, we got ready with little to no fussing and off we went. Even when we ran into traffic, everyone stayed happy and calm. We were a little late but not too much. The kids were glued to the show, sang along, clapped, and were so well behaved. After the show, we went to Toys R Us to spend some birthday money that had been burning a hole in their pockets since they got it in the mail on Friday. The continued to be happy and well behaved despite being in a crowded toy store. They all picked out a smallish toy and even readily agreed to pick out a toy for a child in need this season. I was SO proud of them as they walked over to the Marines and handed them their gifts for Toys for Tots. So not only did they get a toy they also got a great life lesson.

Now, back to that "To do" list.

0 comments: