"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dogs versus Princesses

So I'm not sure if I've mentioned but Kate is slightly obsessed with dogs and Molly is slightly obsessed with princesses. So much so that at times they fight over who is better, dogs or princesses. "DOGS!" "PRINCESSES!" "DOGS!" "PRINCESSES!" "Okay girls, no fighting, they're both good." To which Kate replies, "I'm not a girl, I'm a boy!" "GIRL!" "BOY!" "GIRL!" "BOY!" "GIRL!"

Whatever.

So both girls are potty trained!!!! After 5.5 years of diapers, we are done! Wooo freakin' hoo! We do use nighttime diapers but during the day, big girl panties all the way.

We spent the day at the pool today. Kevin and my dad power washed the house and the deck. So the kids and I beat it to the pool. My kids have literally turned into fish! They absolutely love the water. Molly is full out putting her head under and trying to swim underwater. Ryan mastered floating on his back and Kate was even getting her face wet. These are the same kids that last week had out and out fits if they got water in their eyes at bath time. We had dinner at the pool, showered them up, came home and they went straight to bed. Very tired fishies=Happy Mama!

0 comments: