"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Growing up

So a recent conversation with Molly goes something like this....

Molly: "I like being a big girl."

Me: "Oh yeah, why's that?"

Molly: "Because I get to do lots of big girl stuff like arts and crafts and being a baby is just AWFUL!"

Me: Trying my hardest not to laugh, "Uh okay."

Molly: "I'm growing but I'm not a grown up like you. Someday I'll be a grown up."

Me: "Yep, you will."

And another one while I was getting dressed this morning....

Molly: "Mommy, why do you have hair on your heiney?" (Altho she does know the correct terminology, she refers to vaginas as heineys.)

Me: "Because I'm a mommy and mommy's have hair on their vaginas."

Molly: Thinks for a minute and says, "Does _______'s mommy have hair on her heiney?" (Name omitted to spare the innocent.)

Me: "So, are you ready for breakfast?"

I swear, I AM in trouble because she's only 3 1/2. Lord help me when we hit the teenaged years.

0 comments: